Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, November 5, 2010

Trying to push forward.. Venting..

Ups and downs.. my mood changes all of the time.

I find myself purposely looking for something to look forward to.. hence all of this wedding brainstorming and planning. Desperate to avoid depression. Easily disappointed when things do not go as planned. I'm all over the place sometimes. I miss my mother alot. Every second.

This blog keeps me going many days.

Today, Rolanda pissed me off. She doesn't seem to understand why we should have a sense of urgency in booking a venue for potential wedding dates that are less than a year away. I am always looking for the right time to talk wedding details, and no time seems like a good time with her. On top of that, two of her line sisters are engaged. They will be in our wedding and she is in at least one of theirs. She wants to avoid August all together now because one of their weddings is on august 6th and out of the country. She wants to avoid her other ls's anniversary in October? I feel like I am ducking and dodging everyone else's celebrations...She's very nonchalant about the whole wedding planning ordeal, as if everything will get done regardless..

I suggested that we have the wedding in 2012 instead, she doesn't want that. She doesn't want it to be too cold either, we are running out of options.

I found a place (thanks to Deborah) that Rolanda and I both like so far! Elkins Estate. I am awaiting some info on their pricing. They are already booked for all Saturdays in September though :-(






I'm frustrated today.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I know you miss your mom a whole lot but I think you're finding a healthy outlet in which to channel that energy with this wedding planning...and you should keep it up. However, don't let it consume you until it sucks they joy out of the celebration. There is a lot to consider as far as setting a date but if a cold weather wedding is out of the question, moving it up in 2011 doesn't seem feasible. If August-October aren't ideal for you guys, you (she) should definitely reconsider 2012. It might be less stressful because you can plan/space things out comfortably without worrying about side stepping everyone else's plans (but you'll both have to come to a consensus soon or you could end up with the very same dilemma this time next year). The way I see it, planning for 2012, people will have ample notice, you don't have to flip flop on the date, you can choose an ideal month/season and book venues way in advance minus the scheduling conflicts, and everyone else can just work the hell around you guys. Just my two cents worth of gut reaction. I love you girl (both of you...Ro, get it together)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Tisha, you are right!! I agree, 2012 is looking more and more appealing. I am happy with September.. but unsure about the Friday thing. So if we decide on a different location then Sept can still work.

    Its hard.... sometimes i'm hyped up and otehr times I dont want to be bothered with any of the planning. all of this flip flopping makes me tired. but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete