Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Remembering Mom on my Wedding Day

I want a special way to do this on my day.. I will compile some ideas:

Dear Lord please clear a spot for her

She should have the perfect view.
Her daughter is a Bride today,
and I am counting on you.
Let me feel her presence;
as I journey down the aisle.
But let me notice her absence;
if only for a while.
Let me stop to think of her;
As I am given away.
And know that if she could;
She would be here with me today.

Dear Lord please clear a spot for her;
She should have the perfect view.
And if she should get sad today;
Dear Lord I count on you.

I'm not sure if I fully like this poem/prayer..

Here are some other ideas:
we have a "we remember" page in our program and will put family photographs on a cocktail table with candles.

Or a chair decorated in my mother's honor

No comments:

Post a Comment