Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mixed Reviews

We have to make time to celebrate this engagement. Was it a mistake to start telling family and friends? Friends' responses have been positive. Some ecstatis, others dry but congratulatory.. Family responses have been disappointing.

I've only told my mother so far. she said "that's nice" and has mostly asked questions about the ring.. has made zero attempts so far to discuss planning. My dad, it wont be a surprise to him (thank goodness) because Rolanda asked him in advance. But I'm hesistant to tell any more family because the one person that I expected to be hype for the news, is nonchalant and perhaps ashamed. If I were engaged to a guy, my mom would've alerted the press by now. Instead, today she asks me "who did you tell?" as if its some shameful secret. At least my mom is speaking to me.

Rolanda's mother did not take the news well at all.. we saw her today in passing. She walked out of the room. Avoided us. Her sister is taking a similar stance, declaring that she believes marriage is between a man and woman only. She is speaking to Rolanda though, says their mom needs "time to think". rolanda does not want to invite them to the wedding :-(

DID WE JUST GET BOO'D ON OUR ENGAGEMENT LOL

This is so awkward or disappointing.
Happiest moments of our lives are splashed with negativity, I should not be crying. I'm sad and disappointed. Nervous because there's probably more disappointment from family to come. My baby is being strong, telling me that its her and I, and "fuck em". I can't imagine her being okay with this. --HURT--

So happy that we are engaged. Just didn't want it to feel like its us against the world. This should feel like more of a celebration. Can't help but feel like there are so many risks of bad things happening.
Trying to think happy thoughts...
Trying to generate good karma...
God please shine a light over us and keep it there. I feel so unprotected right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment